- Political Question: A non-justiciable issue committed to another branch of government. There are certain types of issues that the federal judiciary will not hear.
- EX: Real world: Guarantee Clause of Art IV, “Republican form of government”
- Amendment ratification process = reserved to Congress.
- Age, residency, citizenship requirements of Members of Congress.
- Foreign Affairs: Controlled by Congress or POTUS. Judiciary will abstain. EX: Congress passes a law whereby the Secretary of the Treasury can ban importation of goods from Countries engaged in hostile actions with the
Foreign affairs is a nonjustciable political question. U.S.